At Ascot Radiology, Auckland, we specialise in interventional ultrasound procedures, such as biopsies, aspirations and joint injections.
It is very commonplace today to use radiology for interventional procedures to avoid surgery. We are very fortunate to have a highly experienced team of interventional radiologists and other highly skilled specialists working at Ascot Radiology to perform the following procedures:
- Fine needle biopsies
- Core samples
- Renal biopsies
- Breast biopsies and hookwires
- Amniocentesis and CVS in pregnancy
- Ultrasound-based hysterosalpingograms (HSGs): to look at the fallopian tubes
- Aspriations: of cysts and collections, for example
- Sonosaline hysterography: to look at the uterine cavity.
If you require any of the above examinations, or have any questions regarding these procedures, we employ a full-time staff nurse based at our Ascot Hospital site and she would be happy to help you. She is available by calling (09) 520 9550 ext: 7090 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org There are also information sheets for you to download on the left of this page.