- Digital tomosynthesis is the latest in breast imaging technology.
- While a mammogram provides a 2D image of the breast, tomosynthesis creates highly detailed, multi-planar images.
- Positioning is similar to that of a mammogram.
- The resulting images provide the best possible view of all the breast tissue, with greater cancer detection across all ages and breast densities.
- It has been proven to have a higher cancer detection rate and a reduced recall rate without any added risk or radiation to the patient.