The health and wellbeing of our patients and staff is our top priority. With the introduction of Covid-19 into New Zealand, we need to ensure we are taking the necessary steps to keep everyone as safe and well as possible.
We are keeping up to date with the latest Ministry of Health guidelines and will update any further measures they suggest.
We are continuing to be vigilant with hand-washing and ensuring all surfaces throughout the department are regularly cleaned with antiseptic wipes. Patients are also asked to read the warning signs at reception before continuing into the department.
Currently, we cannot accept patients for any imaging examination if:
- they are showing signs of Covid-19
- they are a confirmed case of Covid-19
- they have been exposed to someone with either of the above.
If you have any symptoms or are concerned you have been exposed to Covid-19, please contact the Healthline’s dedicated Covid-19 number: 0800 358 5453.
We have put several precautionary steps in place for patients who already have a booking or who will be making a booking.
- Customer services staff will be doing much of the check in process over the phone with patients so as to limit the time they spend at reception. There will be questions about recent travel or contact with someone who has travelled within the last 14 days.
- For patients who have travelled recently, or have been in close proximity to someone who has travelled, we require written clearance from their GP. This must be emailed to us before any booking can be made.
- For any patients who have an ultrasound booking, they will be the only person allowed in the room with the sonographer. Any person or persons accompanying the patient must wait outside the department.
- Only patients waiting for a scan or x-ray will be permitted to wait in the waiting rooms.
- The only exception is if patients require extra care or assistance i.e. elderly or disabled patients, or those who are particularly anxious. Once the patient is settled, the support person will need to wait outside the department until the scan is over.
Thank you for helping us to keep our patients and staff safe during this time.
If you have any concerns about coming to see us, please call us on (09) 520 9550.
For further New Zealand information on Covid-19, please click here.